Dear Ball Person
Thank you for your interest in being a Ball Person at the 2013 New Haven Open at Yale. Ball Persons play an intregal part in making our event a great success each year, and with your help, we can make this year's event the best one yet! Join our team and you will have the chance to work behind the scenes at an exciting professional women's tennis tournament and see top players and the rising stars faceoff before heading to the US Open in New York.
As a Ball Person you will receive the following benefits:
- Uniform- Two (2) tournament t-shirts, shorts and a hat.
- Complimentary Tickets- Six (6) tickets to early round sessions. Sunday, August 18-Wednesday, August 21 (Sessions 1,2,4,5 & 6)
- Credential- Access to stadium court and unlimited access to other tournament courts
- Meal Coupons- For each shift worked. $9.00 per shift ($18.00 maximum per day)
- Free Parking- Within walking distance for the tournament site on the days that you volunteer.
- Prizes, food and fun all week long!
In return we ask the following commitment from you:
You must be between the ages of 12-20. You are required to attend four (4) training sessions of your choice and be available the entire week of the Tournament. All training sessions will take place at the Yale Tennis courts behind Smilow Field Center at 235 Derby Ave, West Haven, CT 06515.
2013 Ball Person Training Dates:
- Tuesday, June 11 6:00-7:30pm
- Saturday, June 15 9:00-11:00am
- Sunday, June 16 9:00-11:00am
- Tuesday, July 9 6:00-7:30pm
- Thursday, July 18 6:00-7:30pm
- Saturday, July 27 9:00-11:00am
- Sunday, July 28 9:00-11:00am
Online Registration System
Registration is now open to be a Ball Person for the 2013 tournament. If you are a returning Ball Person, you should have received an email with your 2012 User Name and Password. Once you log in to the registration site, your exisiting file will appear. If you are a new Ball Person you will be asked to create a User Name and Password before completing your registration.
To apply online to be a Ball Person please click here
Thank you again fro your interest in joining our team. In appreciation if your hard work and commitment, we have put together a comprehensive rewards package, outlined above. Whether you are coming back for the tenth time or are on board fro the first, we look forward to having you on our team and seeing you August 16-24 at the 2013 New Haven Open at Yale.